It's Been a Few Months...

09 December 2009

I'm not the best at keeping up my blog. I should be better about it since I sit in front of a computer all day but sometimes I actually need to do work, at work.

If you enjoy writing, like I do, when you go on hiatus for awhile some times it can be a good thing. It's not such a good thing when you realize you've been neglecting one of the most important parts of being a writer, even if it's just a hobby; READING. The most basic fact of writing; you don't read, you don't write. And since my hiatus also included not reading as much it's time to get that part of daily life back.

A lot of the time in my adult life I find myself having stretches of time where I have a lot of time to myself to do things like read (often these times go hand in hand with being single). And then all of a sudden I'm too busy/tired to even pick up a book or spend time on my own hobbies. So, I'm now attempting to up back up on that horse and opt to read more instead of say, plop in front of the TV after work. (Apologies to my roommates, I find it hard to read in the living room due to noise)

Recently, I've come into easy access of about double my normal library of books. Yes, my room is now a bit more crowded than it was a few weeks ago but having stacks of books everywhere makes me look scholarly and I like it. The following is a list of books I plan on reading within the next month or two. I'll update when I finish them with a short review. I warn you now there are some books that most of you read when you were in high school, you will look at it being on the list and shout at your screen in anger. If you live near/with me please refrain from smacking me.


When She Was Good - Philip Roth

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury (I know, SHUT UP!)

Blood & Iron - Elizabeth Bear (Buying a copy at B&N today, I've been reading a lot of her blog and really want to get into her alternate history)

The Best Non-Required Reading 2008 and 2009 - Dave Eggers (Editor)

Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman (I will finally finish this series!)


Also, on a side note, I'm doing Reddit Secret Santa this year and it's been confirmed that I'm actually getting a gift! I'll post a picture of whatever I get and let you know if the guy I'm sending a present to enjoys it as well.

0 comments: